I believe in the Web and its potential. I'd like to make it even better, and I'd like your help.
I'm in the process of making this domain the cannonical source for all my posts. Here are a few of my favorites/some popular ones, but you can find a complete list (of the ones I've moved) or subscribe to the rss feed for updates.
- Can I :has()
- Design Affordance Controls
- Dropping the F-Bomb on Web Standards
- Performance: Shame, Hope, Nuance and Interesting Problems
- Potentially Scattered Thoughts on Web Components
- The Future Web Wants You
- The Glory Days of the Web
- Beyond Browser Vendors
- Toward Responsive Elements
- Interactive Elements: A Strange Game
- Prognostication and the Failure of the Web
- X-Web: Days of Future Past
- What Would Bruce Lee Do: The Tao of the Extensible Web
- Off With Their Heads: Disband the W3C?
- A Brief(ish) History of the Web Universe (series)
- Web Speech (series)
I occasionally write elsewhere, or have been involved in other joint writings. Here are a selection of interesting ones...
- The Extensible Web Manifesto
- Pandora's Box Model oreilly.com
- Proposing CSS input modality oreilly.com
- The jQuery Foundation and Standards The jQuery Blog
- Sex, Houdini and the Extensible Web dev.opera Blog
- Laying the Groundwork for Extensibility Smashing Magazine
- An Intro to HitchJS and the Extensible Web CSS Tricks
- A Plea to Web Developers net Magazine December 2016 (Issue 287)
I also give talks and appear on podcasts. Here are a few I think are interesting...
- MathML with Brian Kardell and Neil Soiffer Igalia Chats (Eposide 1)
- Accessibility with Brian Kardell and Martin Robinson Igalia Chats (Eposide 2)
- WebKit, SVG and WPE with Brian Kardell and Nikolas Zimmermann Igalia Chats (Eposide 3)
- Web Ecosystem Health, Part I with Jeremy Keith and Stuart Langridge Igalia Chats (Eposide 4)
- Web Ecosystem Health, Part II with Rick Byers and Rossen Atanassov Igalia Chats (Eposide 5)
- Building Browser Features The Shop Talk Show Podcast (Eposide 407)
- Platforms and Priorities The Web Platform Podcast (Eposide 195)
- Browser Wars and Standards Battles The Web Platform Podcast (Eposide 101)
- ARIA for Developers The Web Platform Podcast (Eposide 106)
- Standards and the Extensible Web Manifesto EdgeConf 4
- You say you want a (r)evolution: Embracing a living system JSFest Oakland Extensible Web Summit
- Hitchhiker's Guide to Web Standards & Chapters.io Code & Supply Pittsburgh